[StBernard] St. Bernard plans to continue fight against mixed-income complex

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 15 07:32:40 EDT 2009

>"You're going to have fully equipped business centers and fitness centers,

>resort style swimming pools, playgrounds, very high quality end, very high

>quality finishes," said Harris.

I can't get to nola.com right now ; must be down, but the demographics for
those places
was supposed to be something like 30% market rate, and the rest below market
rate
(subsidized or section 8?) I can just see the business centers with
computers and things
being torn apart within months and the same for the "resort style swimming
pool".
I laughed so hard I almost fell out of the chair!

JY

Speaking of section 8, hasn't the parish used up its allotment of sec. 8
vouchers
already? How are they going to get those tenants in?