[StBernard] YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 15 18:59:44 EDT 2009

A Few Stark Facts about Obama's Car Deal

A vehicle that gets 15 miles per gallon and drives 12,000 miles per year
uses 800 gallons of gasoline each year.

A new vehicle that gets 25 miles per gallon and drives 12,000 miles per year
uses 480 gallons of gasoline each year.

So, the average clunker transaction reduced US gasoline consumption by 320
gallons per year... and cost taxpayers between $3,500 and $4,500 for each
transaction.

The Obama Administration proudly claimed 700,000 vehicles were sold under
its clunker program, so that amounts to a savings of 224 million gallons of
gasoline a year.

That equates to a bit over 5 million barrels of oil saved a year.

Five million barrels of oil is about one day's US consumption.

At $75/barrel, five million barrels cost about $350 million dollars.

So, we taxpayers in the United States spent $3 billion to save a lousy $350
million. Take away all the zeros, it means we spent $3.00 for every .35¢ we
saved.

How good a deal was that???

And Obama wants us to trust his administration with doing a great job
handling our nation's healthcare. He's got to be kidding!!