[StBernard] Investing In Our Future

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 16 15:12:52 EDT 2009

Dear Friends,

Last week brought a great announcement for the future of our state - that we
were able to invest an additional $7 million on the Interstate 12 widening
project. As the Baton Rouge Advocate
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=EOTWSS5JvsL6nLrZOCZeyHy
oI4XDXZVaCaRPrFZuPuw%3d&digest=b1wwawj8j2naJZEDxzhrXQ> reported,
"Interstate 12 would be widened from four lanes to six lanes to ease traffic
congestion in the Denham Springs area," upon completion of this new project.

An efficient and modernized transportation system is critical to the future
of our state, and, along with making our roads safer and reducing
congestion, projects like this one will also help continue our efforts to
bring new jobs to our state and grow our economy.

Also last week I visited Olla, Pollock, and Walker as part of the Louisiana
Working Tour, and I always enjoy the opportunity to meet the hardworking
people of our state. As written in the Alexandria Town Talk
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=zZOR1kn1zh8%2bRDCuWiCl3
5Bx7IjYuOFBeXnTo4y6X6c%3d&digest=g32AcH3ILEB2AZpGBXPThA> , I told those in
attendance that we "strive to no longer rank at the bottom in positive
categories," as evidenced recently by Southern Business & Development
magazine naming Louisiana as Co-state of the Year and our successful efforts
to continue bringing new jobs and opportunities to our state even during a
national economic downturn.

I also traveled to Bossier City, New Iberia, Enterprise, and Oberlin to
present hundreds of our state's veterans with the Louisiana Veterans Honor
medal, a presentation that took significant meaning with the anniversary of
the September 11th attacks. As I said in the Shreveport Times
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=Ti9m9F38Jcw5jbKrQxPc5L7
95y8TpOTRed3xK0GCHOk%3d&digest=n116z3aqXlI1cRpWYHLn3g> , "We have a duty to
make sure their sacrifices are never forgotten, and these honor medals serve
as a symbol of our gratitude and respect for their service." We will never
forget those who lost their lives that day, and we will always honor our
veterans and active troops who protect our country everyday. They are truly
what makes America the greatest nation in the world.

Sincerely,
Governor Bobby Jindal