[StBernard] EVENING OF PRAISE AND WORSHIP CONCERT SERIES SEPT. 27

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 17 19:19:31 EDT 2009

EVENING OF PRAISE AND WORSHIP CONCERT SERIES SEPT. 27

Local choirs, praise teams and church groups are invited to join

St. Bernard Parish President Craig P. Taffaro Jr. and St. Bernard Parish
Government will hold an Evening of Praise and Worship Concert series on
Sunday, Sept. 27 from 5 to 8 p.m. for local choir groups at the Fred Sigur
Civic Center Grand Ballroom.

President Taffaro said this will be the first time gospel music will be
featured.

"I wanted to link the community concert series with the local churches,
because they are the cornerstone of our community and our recovery,"
President Taffaro said. "It should be a wonderful event, and we invite the
choirs to participate and the public to come hear and enjoy."

Any choirs, praise teams or groups interested in performing in this event
should contact Lenor Duplessis at 504-874-0894 or lduplessis at sbpg.net.

The event is supported by a grant from the Louisiana Division of the Arts as
administered by the St. Tammany Commission on Cultural Affairs.

###