[StBernard] submission to Wesley - my letter to TP - mixed housing

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 19 10:21:21 EDT 2009

Sure, John: "Why didn't Jer think of this great idea firstly!~!????
<chuckle>..

--jer--

P.S. if I could think of one aspect to the lower ninth ward, however, it
would be the character of the content of those who want to occupy the
"tenements" inspired by apartment dwelling enthusiasts:

What sort of inhabitants will dwell in the "land of PITT" and then, will all
the services and goods be sold in one's community there or will a mass
migration inspire the dwelling masses to migrate to St. Bernard (as before
and only a mile more away then the proposed area) to get all that they need
(including drug deals, etc. then escape back into the fringes of N'awlins
crossing the border both ways!

It's always in people's minds, because that was the problem once before when
"parish crashers" would come do their thing in the parish and speed back
across the borders (unlike the hundreds wide Mexican/U.S. borders of America
where many would come over to stay, but few by numbers would return the same
way <G>)..

Just a cause for misery. Perhaps the words "mixed housing" might have a dual
meaning. Who knows?

--jer--

You know, last time I checked, there's countless acreage in the lower ninth
ward now owned by the State that's just sitting there undeveloped. Hmmm,
are you thinking what I'm thinking???

John Scurich