[StBernard] INTERESTING

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Sep 20 20:36:30 EDT 2009

Here's your answer...and the answer that official New Orleans tour guides
give:

There was a brothel in New Orleans. "The House Of The Rising Sun" was named
after Madame Marianne LeSoleil Levant (which means "Rising Sun" in French)
and the brothel was open for business from 1862 (occupation by Union troops)
until 1874, when it was closed due to complaints by neighbors. It was
located at 826-830 St. Louis Street. The building is still there and is now
a residence.

- John