[StBernard] RNC Statement On Senate Health Care Mark-Up

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 25 22:23:07 EDT 2009

RNC STATEMENT ON SENATE HEALTH CARE MARK-UP

WASHINGTON - Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele
released the following statement today:

"If Americans are looking to separate fact from fiction on health care
reform, they need look no further than this week's proceedings in the
Senate. Every time Democrats had the opportunity to back up the president's
words with their votes, they failed to do so. Republicans offered an
amendment to avoid cutting Medicare benefits, but Democrats rejected it.
Republicans offered an amendment prohibiting a government board that would
ration care, but Democrats rejected it. Republicans offered amendments to
prevent tax increases to pay for government-run health care, but Democrats
rejected them, too.

"Democrats have rejected amendment after amendment offered by Republicans.
They opted to put the political agenda of President Obama, Harry Reid and
Nancy Pelosi ahead of our economy and our health care system time after
time. What voters learned this week is Democrats, including Sens. Lincoln
and Conrad, are clearly more interested in brushing aside Republican ideas
and ramming through a government-run health care plan that Americans don't
want and can't afford."

###