[StBernard] EVENING OF PRAISE AND WORSHIP CONCERT A SUCCESS

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 1 22:54:13 EDT 2009

EVENING OF PRAISE AND WORSHIP CONCERT A SUCCESS

Local choirs and praise teams join together for a spiritual evening

Voices blended and spectators swayed to the music as part of the Evening of
Praise and Worship Concert, held by St. Bernard Parish President Craig P.
Taffaro and St. Bernard Parish Government Sept. 27 for local choir groups at
the Fred Sigur Civic Center Grand Ballroom.

More than 150 people enjoyed the event and some people asked for more gospel
concerts in the future. The following church groups performed: Covenant
United Methodist Church, Latino Mission Church, the Gathering Worship Team,
Greater Mount Olive Baptist Church Mass Choir, Adullam Christian Fellowship,
Our Lady of Prompt Succor Catholic Church Music Ministry and the Christian
Fellowship Church Praise Team and The Crossover Gospel Band.

"In my 21 months as president, this event is one of the most important
things we have done by brining together so many church groups," President
Taffaro said.

The event was supported by a grant from the Louisiana Division of the Arts
as administered by the St. Tammany Commission on Cultural Affairs.

###