[StBernard] Why the Homestead Exemption Must Go

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 5 07:26:35 EDT 2009

The water board must be checking residences because one of my neighbors who
is still rebuilding (with no intention to move back) was left a note from
them. He told them he only uses the water to wash his hands when working
there (even though he did fill up his pool). He had to pay a new deposit
(which we didn't have to do) and now pays a water bill.
His first month's bill was $10.00 and he wasn't even there that month
working on the house. So they must be trying to catch those they feel are
getting free water.