[StBernard] Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize ?????

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 9 18:46:42 EDT 2009

Obama wins the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize...what a joke! The totally renders
the Peace Prize as meaningless. I always thought you actually had to do
"something" to win this award...and if I'm wrong, read the comments below
from an AP press release.

Rather than recognizing concrete achievement, the 2009 prize appeared
intended to support initiatives that have yet to bear fruit: reducing the
world stock of nuclear arms, easing American conflicts with Muslim nations
and strengthening the U.S. role in combating climate change.

"Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the
world's attention and given its people hope for a better future," Thorbjoern
Jagland, chairman of the Nobel Committee said. "In the past year Obama has
been a key person for important initiatives in the U.N. for nuclear
disarmament and to set a completely new agenda for the Muslim world and
East-West relations."

Clearly, Mr. Thorbjoern with the Nobel Committee must have been slipped a
mickey containing the liberal's kool-aid. He even admits Obama has
accomplished "nothing" to win the Award. Also, Mr Thorbjoern must not have
read public opinon polls on Obama over the past many months - and I'm
talking both in the U.S. and abroad. His numbers are poor in the U.S. (much
lower than Bush's at this point in his term) and the international community
that supposedly "loves" Obama?...well, you should see what the foreign
presses are saying about him now - not to mention leaders of foreign
countries (that are not Muslim). He's being criticized by everyone in the
international community as "weak, incompetent, not having a clear
plan"....you name it!

It may not come as a surprise that the nominating process for the 2009 Peace
Prize closed near the end of 2008 - that's right, he was nominated before he
even took office....and all the phony accolades they are giving him not only
didn't happen, but the didn't happen until "after" he took office. Say
what?

If I were a past recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize, I would immediately
hold a press conference and say "I am returning the Award to the Committee."
But I'd keep the check.

But you know, you have to wonder about the other 205 nominees that weren't
award the Prize. Makes you think it must have a slow year for the
peacemakers.

- John Scurich