[StBernard] Chamber Launches Campaign for Free Enterprise

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 14 20:28:24 EDT 2009

Campaign for Free Enterprise
<http://cl.exct.net/?qs=df82c7a0488260fc7bacc6f38aec5f8eeb2a77ccc3b9d0f43d4b
e7409d9cb871>

I am excited to share with you the news of a historic Campaign for Free
Enterprise that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is launching today.

The American Free Enterprise. Dream Big
<http://cl.exct.net/?qs=df82c7a0488260fca801eb077af56d68f66b2a6fb402544a51bd
fb800afdead0> campaign is one of the most important and necessary
initiatives in the Chamber's nearly 100-year history. As a nation, we face
major policy challenges--but none greater or more important than reviving
the economy, restoring the 7 million jobs lost to the current recession, and
creating the 13 million more jobs that will be needed over the next decade.

A recent survey
<http://cl.exct.net/?qs=df82c7a0488260fc4125352bbd8a2ba7c0dd0d36bf4098baf578
1f356102b335> by the U.S. Chamber found that while people support free
enterprise, they do not clearly see how it benefits them as individuals.
Respondents also expressed concern about the future of the free enterprise
system and believe that the private sector will and should take the lead in
the nation's number one challenge--job creation.

At the U.S. Chamber, we believe that the values of individual initiative,
hard work, freedom of choice, and the free exchange of trade, capital, and
ideas can lead America back to prosperity. Only free enterprise will create
the innovation, the opportunities, and the jobs our nation needs. That is
why we are launching this campaign.

Here are some of the campaign's core components and ways for you to get
involved:

* National Advertising Campaign: View our innovative national
advertising campaign built to inspire Americans to celebrate the role of
free enterprise in meeting our nation's next great challenge--creating 20
million new jobs in the next decade. View and share the ads.
<http://cl.exct.net/?qs=df82c7a0488260fcdff9a38908a76d0292084e3392997fa7bab9
5b3e106742dd>

* American Free Enterprise Pledge: Sign your name to proclaim your
support for and intention to help strengthen the free enterprise system.
Sign our pledge.
<http://cl.exct.net/?qs=86f829280c795abe1633e598e366d368074dca578de1dc86c146
78ffa1d5e5b8>

* Dream Big Video Competition: Participate in the online video
competition that invites Americans who personify free enterprise--business
owners, startup entrepreneurs, and future business owners--to tell their
stories of how free enterprise allows them to pursue their dreams. Stay
tuned to www.FreeEnterpriseAmerica.com
<http://cl.exct.net/?qs=86f829280c795abe34740261f855d9effb488112bd674791f4cc
d78918dd822e> for information about submitting videos.

* Dream Big Small Business of the Year Award Program: Apply or
nominate a small business owner for this recognition program, held in
conjunction with America's Small Business Summit, that honors successful
business owners and entrepreneurs who have contributed to the vibrancy of
American free enterprise. Stay tuned to www.FreeEnterpriseAmerica.com
<http://cl.exct.net/?qs=86f829280c795abe34740261f855d9effb488112bd674791f4cc
d78918dd822e> for information on submitting nominations.

* Free Enterprise Forums: Take part in a series of bipartisan
community-based discussions on the role of free enterprise in job creation
and innovation to help spread the free enterprise message throughout the
country. Stay tuned to www.FreeEnterpriseAmerica.com
<http://cl.exct.net/?qs=86f829280c795abe34740261f855d9effb488112bd674791f4cc
d78918dd822e> for additional information about events in your area.

You have a critical role to play in this historic endeavor. We are all free
enterprise, and each one of us must become involved in preserving America as
the great land of opportunity.

We encourage you to get involved in these activities as often as you can.
Please join us by signing the American Free Enterprise Pledge
<http://cl.exct.net/?qs=99c5c5c6c1b8f3479759787e4cc40c1b4a9f790419c531376f9f
4d24ce75c241> today and encourage others in your community and across the
country to get involved.

Sincerely,

Thomas J. Donohue
President and CEO