[StBernard] Billy Graham's Prayer For Our Nation

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 19 19:49:54 EDT 2009

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/b/billygraham-prayer.htm

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/prayernation.asp

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=75565&cat=13

Billy Graham's Prayer For Our Nation

THIS MAN SURE HAS A GOOD VIEW OF WHAT'S HAPPENING TO OUR COUNTRY!

'Heavenly Father, we come before you today to ask your forgiveness
and to
seek your direction and guidance. We know Your Word says, 'Woe to
those who
call evil good,' but that is exactly what we have done. We have
lost our
spiritual equilibrium and reversed our values. We have exploited the
poor
and called it the lottery. We have rewarded laziness and called it
welfare..
We have killed our unborn and called it choice. We have shot
abortionists
and called it justifiable. We have neglected to discipline our
children and
called it building self esteem. We have abused power and called it
politics. We have coveted our neighbor's possessions and called it
ambition.
We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called
it
freedom of expression. We have ridiculed the time-honored values of
our
forefathers and called it enlightenment. Search us, Oh God, and
know our
hearts today; cleanse us from every sin and Set us free. Amen!'

Commentator Paul Harvey aired this prayer on his radio program, 'The
Rest of
the Story,' and received a larger response to this program than any
other he
has ever aired. With the Lord's help, may this prayer sweep over our
nation
and wholeheartedly become our desire so that we again can be called
'One
nation under God..'