[StBernard] "Lighting Up the Scoreboard"

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 21 21:09:20 EDT 2009

"Lighting Up the Scoreboard"

The Greater New Orleans Foundation (GNOF) announced that the St. Bernard
Community Foundation, a local affiliate of GNOF, has awarded $17,000 to the
St. Bernard Parish Government for the purchase of a new scoreboard for the
Hannan Sports Complex.

"This initiative, which was done in partnership with Domino Sugar, is
important because it contributes yet another tangible sign of recovery to
St. Bernard. The Hannan Sports Complex will be the focal point of outdoor
activity for children and families coming from all points within the
parish," said Dr. Marco Cocito-Monoc, director of regional initiatives with
GNOF.

"We are so grateful from this generous donation from Domino Sugar through
the St. Bernard Community Foundation," President Taffaro said. "It will help
to further our goal of making this a premier sporting complex featuring
football and soccer fields."

###