[StBernard] YouTube - Is Obama Poised to Cede US Sovereignty?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Oct 24 07:58:22 EDT 2009

Yes John it's two thirds, as I wrote earlier:

in the United States the next step is to present the treaty to the U.S.
Senate for advice and consent. The senate doesn't actually ratify the
treaty, but puts in its two cents' worth and then votes whether or not to
consent to the treaty's provisions. A two-thirds majority is required for
the Senate to give its consent

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I believe a "Treaty"
needs
either 60 votes or two-thirds. It could depend on the kind of
treaty it is,
one being where the U.S. government is going to concede sovereignty
over
something. If I'm correct, then it will NEVER pass. The GOP
members will
block vote against it and there's more than enough Demos where
you'll find
some to oppose it.

John