[StBernard] YouTube - Is Obama Poised to Cede US Sovereignty?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Oct 24 19:28:16 EDT 2009

What's confusing me on this is I can recall some treaties that were passed
by the Senate with a simple majority, if in fact they were really a "treaty"
or if that was the easier terminology being used. I presumed the two-thirds
requirement has something to do with the nature of the treaty, as when we
concede authority. It's been a while since I've read up on my treaty
academics, but I do recall that a treaty has the highest supremacy of law,
even higher than that of the U.S. Constitution. Supposedly, if the U.S.
government agrees to a treaty, even a constitutinal amendment cannot later
overturn it. But go ask the indians if that's true - or if that's even
necessary.

John