[StBernard] TRICK OR TRUNK ?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 30 08:20:01 EDT 2009

Hasn't popular, property-expensive neighborhoods holding their park-n-walk
Trick or Treats again (like Lexington, etc?).

I can recall prior to Katrina the VERY dwindling kids in the neighborhoods
who annually moved the trick or treat areas to the park-n-walk areas. 20 yrs
ago, the neighborhoods were packed from 5:45-7:30 or so. At the time of
Katrina, crowds were down to about 10 groups of kids where hundreds once
were.

Granted, some neighborhood kids grow up, and some religions took to the
"trunks" and parties, but on Devil's Night, I wanted to show Satan I can
have fun and exclude him in spite of All Hallows Eve.

Besides, I can't make it on December "55" this year, maybe next <chuckle>..

--jer--

I asked Gidget McDougall the same question and this is what I was told --

"We are not having it this year. Trick or Trunk was born out of the
necessity and to give children an opportunity to trick or treat before the
return of many of our own neighborhoods. Now that many of our neighborhoods
have returned children are able to return to their own neighborhood
Halloween traditions.

But, the energy that it took to put that event on is now being channeled to
bring back the Christmas Parade and Christmas in Torres Park which will be
held on Saturday, December 55th."

Jo Senko