[StBernard] Boasso campaign committee fined

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Nov 8 10:18:16 EST 2009

Let me also add that the primary purpose for campaign reform over the past
few years was on campaign "donations." Ask anyone affiliated with a
political campaign and they'll tell you all they are really concerned about
is knowing where their opponent's money is coming from - from who and from
what organizations. They could really care less how the money is spent.
I'm a picky as anyone when it comes to campaign reporting, but not entirely
breaking down your expenses is pure nonsense when you do have the receipts
showing everything itemized.

For someone from the Jindal campaign to bring this to the attention of the
State Ethics Board just goes to prove they were digging for something juicy
to sink their teeth into and all they could find was a tiny piece of bone
which no one really cared about. In the end, I think this proves Walter to
be a person of honor.

John