[StBernard] How the liberal Democrats deceive on healthcare

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Nov 14 09:08:58 EST 2009

Richard,

As conservative as I am, I do feel for those less fortunate than I...and if
things keep going the way they are I'll be included in that group...and I do
want to do "something" to help those folks. But, as Senator Nelson of
Nebraska put it (and he's a Democrat and former governor), "you have over
200 million people in this country who are satified with or downright love
their private healthcare coverage. You have in real numbers only about 10
to 15 million who are without healthcare coverage and most of them either
don't want it or qualify under the current Medicaid systems state by state.
So why do we (the federal government) want to go and pass this legislation
(HR 3200 Obamacare) to 'maybe' please only a few people while angering over
200 million happy people?"

Well put, Senator Nelson! Makes sense to me. The current medicaid/medicare
system can be tweaked and improved for those "few."

John Scurich