[StBernard] A win for New Orleans

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 23 17:46:53 EST 2009

I read where Bruno said that if it gets to a point for individual
compensation, that they will surely subtract any monies received through the
Road Home program and I **think** he said insurance proceeds. If that's the
case it should only be for what was received under flood insurance.
However, I think they need to also consider loss of income, expenses
incurred because of having to move elsewhere, however temporary or whatever
plus pain/suffering, emotional problems people suffered. My God I can't
remember the number of days/nights I bawled my eyes out thinking of all the
things my Dad worked for that were just washed away/ruined and that we'll
never get back. I have one thing stuck in my mind more than others: On his
deathbed he asked me to never sell this antique Victrola he got from his
step-dad. That thing was in mint condition and his step-dad had given him a
ton of the old "big/thick" 78s from the Edison Recording Company and RCA
Victor. I laughed and told him I could never move that thing out of the
den, but not to worry I'd **never** sell it. In a way I kept my word, but
it's still gone.

JY