[StBernard] RNC Chairman Michael Steele Addresses the Democrats Failed Stimulus Bill

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 4 15:30:47 EST 2009

RNC Chairman Michael Steele Addresses the Democrats Failed Stimulus Bill
<http://link.sc.states.gop.com?164-1084-1173-25548-5830>

Democrat Photo-Ops And Republican Solutions

>From Politico <http://link.sc.states.gop.com?164-1084-1173-25548-5830>

Michael Steele
Thursday, December 3, 2009

Three days before President Obama signed into law his now infamous $787
billion stimulus bill, his administration hosted what they called a "fiscal
responsibility summit." What principles of fiscal responsibility were
actually discussed at this summit is unclear; considering that his failed
economic stimulus has considerably added to our national debt, skyrocketing
it to a record-breaking $1.42 trillion in 2009. And we cannot forget the
president's budget will increase the national debt to $23 trillion over the
next 10 years.

What is clear is that the Obama Administration attempted to use their
"fiscal responsibility summit" to distract both the media and the American
public from the massive amount of money being spent to "stimulate" the
economy. Obviously pleased with their political slight-of-hand, they are up
to the same tricks again. This time using a "jobs summit" to distract from
the 10.2 percent national unemployment rate as well as President Obama's and
Congressional Democrats' plans to unleash a second wave of stimulus spending
on the American public, known as Stimulus II.

Michael Steele is Chairman of the Republican National Committee

To Read More, Please Click Here
<http://link.sc.states.gop.com?164-1084-1173-25548-5830> .

VISIT GOP.COM <http://link.sc.states.gop.com?164-1084-1173-25548-5831> -
"OBAMA'S ECONOMY: REAL CONCERNS, REAL SOLUTIONS"

WASHINGTON - The Republican National Committee (RNC) yesterday unveiled a
new webpage at GOP.com
<http://link.sc.states.gop.com?164-1084-1173-25548-5832> entitled "Obama's
Economy: Real Concerns, Real Solutions," to engage Americans in a discussion
about the state of our economy and to provide solutions for job creation.
The webpage features videos from Republican members of Congress on topics
ranging from the ineffectiveness of President Obama's $787 billion stimulus
to challenges facing small businesses in this economy. Additionally, the
webpage will provide a forum for visitors to share their thoughts and
concerns with the Administration's economic policies.

Since passage of the stimulus, unemployment has skyrocketed to 10.2 percent,
while 2.8 million jobs have been lost. Republicans do not believe that
taxing and spending will put the economy back on track. Instead, we believe
it can be achieved through fiscal discipline, lower taxes and limited
government. To expound on these principles, you will find the following
videos on the new webpage:

. The Economy: Contrasting Visions - Rep. Eric Cantor (VA-7)
. Stimulus I: What Went Wrong - Rep. Michelle Bachmann (MN-6)
. Administration Solutions: Tax, Spend, Repeat - Rep. Mike Pence
(IN-6)
. Jobs: Saved or Created or Artificially Manufactured - Rep. Jack
Kingston (GA-1).
. Small Business - Rep. Marsha Blackburn (TN-7)
. Allentown, PA - Rep. Charlie Dent (PA-15)