[StBernard] Obama Administration Makes Amnesty Plans

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 10 22:37:13 EST 2009

Dear Friend,

Recently, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano stated
in a speech at the liberal Center for American Progress that the Obama
Administration would be pushing for amnesty for illegal immigrants in 2010.

Specifically she said, "Requiring illegal immigrants to register to earn
legal status, as I discussed earlier, will strengthen our economy as these
immigrants become full-paying taxpayers. As labor leaders have made clear to
me, immigration reform will be a boon to American workers."

I find it appalling that the administration believes that legalizing those
who have no legal right to be in the United States will be a "boon" to
American workers. Instead, it would only exacerbate the unfair competition
American workers currently face as they struggle to find jobs. Rewarding
illegal aliens with the right to hold jobs will not improve the chances
Americans have of finding jobs, paying their mortgages, and feeding their
families.

The American people have spoken clearly many times that amnesty is an
unacceptable means to address our ever-growing illegal immigration problem,
and one of my objectives in the Senate is to push for increased enforcement
and to do all I can to defeat amnesty, including this backwards plan.

Sincerely,
David Vitter
U.S. Senator