[StBernard] Message from RNC Chairman Michael Steele on Hanukkah Celebration

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 11 09:07:23 EST 2009

Beginning at sundown today, people of the Jewish faith will join together as
they begin the eight-day celebration of Hanukkah. Hanukkah marks the
historic occasion when the Jewish people fought against a brutal tyrant for
their right to worship freely. The triumph of the Jewish people to worship
without the risk of persecution is truly a cause for celebration.

Religious liberty is part of the fabric of American society and a primary
principle upon which our country was founded. During this time of year, we
give special thanks to God as we remember the brave men and women of our
Armed Forces whose sacrifice helps protect these rights for us and others
around the world.

On behalf of the Republican National Committee, I ask you to join me in
celebrating America's proud legacy of standing for religious freedom and in
wishing all of our Jewish friends a happy Hanukkah.

Sincerely,
Michael Steele
RNC Chairman