[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish children can visit with Santa Sunday in Chalmette

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 18 21:57:45 EST 2009

St. Bernard Parish children can visit with Santa Sunday in Chalmette
By Bob Warren, The Times-Picayune
December 18, 2009, 8:00AM
The Knights of Columbus Rummel Council 5747 will hold their "Knights Gift
and Visit With Santa" on Sunday in Chalmette.

The event begins at 2 p.m. at the Frederick J. Sigur Civic Center, 8245 W.
Judge Perez Drive, Chalmette.

Grand Knight Larry Gonzales and committee chairman Cisco Gonzales said gifts
will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis.

"We'll give every child a gift until we run out of gifts," Cisco Gonzales
said. "This is a wonderful time of year and we hope to spread the cheer to
those who may not have a gift under a Christmas tree."

St. Bernard Parish children 12 and under are invited and will each receive a
gift from Santa, while supplies last. Children must be accompanied by a
parent or guardian and must provide proof of residency. Snacks and soda will
be served.

For more information, call 504.271.0537.