[StBernard] A Christmas Prayer from Autom

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Dec 22 22:15:57 EST 2009

A Christmas Prayer from Autom

Dear God,

Thank You for Your Christmas gift to the world: Your one and only Son,
Jesus, our Messiah and Lord.

On this Christmas day, we approach the manger with the shepherds, in
wondrous awe. We kneel in rapt adoration with Mary and Joseph before this
little Baby who has come from heaven and yet is one of us. As we gaze on
You, dear Jesus, sleeping peacefully amidst the gentle cooing of the night
doves, we begin to feel a deep peace come forth from You. A holy calm fills
our hearts and suffuses our whole being. You are here, with us now.
Emmanuel, You have kept Your promise. Messiah has come.

Dear Lord Jesus, thank You for giving Yourself to us, for all the ways You
have loved us. Even though we have not always recognized You, Your Presence
has always been with us, and You will never leave us. We are Yours, and You
are ours - forever.

Thank You, Lord, for Your healing love. We ask You this holy night to please
heal us, in our hearts, wherever we are lonely, empty, fearful, proud, or
resentful. Heal this brokenness in us, dear Jesus. Give us Your deep inner
peace that we might impart joy, hope, and courage to all whom we encounter.

This Christmas, dear Lord, please open our hearts to see You more clearly,
to receive You more deeply, and to follow You more willingly. Increase our
ability to give Your love to others, and to receive Your love from others.
May this Christmas Day warm our hearts all year, and only increase. Thank
You for coming to us, Lord Jesus.

Happy Birthday!
"Behold, the virgin shall be with child and bear a son,
and they shall name him Emmanuel,"
which means "God is with us."

Matthew 1:23

On behalf of our Autom family we wish you a Blessed Christmas!