[StBernard] Fighting Amnesty

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 5 22:52:36 EST 2010

Dear Friend,

Just days before Christmas, liberals in the U.S. House of Representatives
delivered a big gift to those pushing for amnesty for illegal immigrants.

They introduced new legislation that would offer amnesty to more than 12
million illegal aliens living in the United States as long as they meet a
short list of requirements, including paying a small, $500 fine for
citizenship. This bill would also discontinue many immigration enforcement
programs like the very successful E-Verify program, and it would create new
programs that would benefit those who have been living in the country
illegally.

Allowing millions of illegal immigrants to stay and take jobs away from
citizens and legal immigrants is unacceptable. Illegal immigration must be
controlled, and I am firmly opposed to amnesty of any kind. Amnesty sends
the wrong message - that of a reward - to those who have been evading our
laws. Also, it is extremely unfair to all of the legal immigrants who came
to this nation and obeyed our laws to become citizens.

As we embark on a new year, I will be working against legislation like this
and to strengthen and enforce our immigration laws.

Sincerely,
David Vitter
U.S. Senator