[StBernard] Growing in 2010

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 5 22:59:55 EST 2010

Dear Friends -

Happy New Year! Our work to grow our economy in 2008 and 2009 continues to
pay off.

A recent economic progress evaluation reported on by the Associated Press
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c939%7c9390&digest
=n7otU2t%2fV4o9FGQQbNy7Bw> indicates "Louisiana secured expansion
commitments from 23 companies and 10 new business projects, retaining 7,900
jobs and eventually creating up to 8,100 new positions." Thanks to our
aggressive economic development efforts and our commitment to workforce
training, Louisiana is in on track for continued economic growth in 2010.

Unfortunately, proposals to regulate greenhouse gasses by the Environmental
Protection Agency could threaten our continued economic progress. Last week
I wrote to the Administrator of the EPA in Washington to object to their new
proposals, which would have a chilling effect on refining and production
capability in Louisiana and force employers to reduce their workforces or
even possibly move their businesses to other countries. We need sensible
solutions to the nation's environmental challenges, but this proposed
regulatory scheme should not be imposed unilaterally without even a chance
for Congressional input.

As the Baton Rouge Advocate
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c930%7c9390&digest
=cHwBB6IS%2bB2Rl7UdauCK%2fw> reported, my letter told the EPA that "changes
this significant should at a minimum be vigorously and openly debated by
Congress and should not be decided unilaterally by one government agency."

We will continue to do everything we can to protect economic growth in
Louisiana and we look forward to announcing even more economic wins that
create jobs for our people in 2010!

Sincerely,

Governor Bobby Jindal