[StBernard] New High-Tech Jobs!

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 19 20:21:53 EST 2010

Dear Friends -

<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c946%7c9390&digest
=q1ExYBSZzHKvRLO9M46V6A>
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c947%7c9390&digest
=b60iuyUmU5M6Y9MoTyV%2fIw> Since we took office, our administration has made
economic development our top priority. As the Opelousas Daily World
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c948%7c9390&digest
=LmfR3ytdaJsSEYSHlS794Q> says, the bottom line is that our focus on jobs is
working and our economy is outperforming the southern economy and the
national economy. Leading companies from across the country have taken note
of our efforts and moved their headquarters or other significant operations
from California, Georgia, Virginia, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Illinois, and
Oregon to right here in Louisiana.

On Thursday, we added Texas to that growing list with the announcement that
TraceSecurity Inc. is relocating their software development and national
sales divisions to Baton Rouge. This move brings more good paying high-tech
jobs to Louisiana and as I told the Baton Rouge Advocate
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c949%7c9390&digest
=4ysM7IYP4krx2wSiviQehQ> , TraceSecurity is exactly the kind of company we
had in mind when we worked with the Legislature to expand our digital media
tax credit program.

Click here
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c940%7c9390&digest
=XX3Gm%2buehQC5TnWeK4UPfQ> to watch video from the announcement and hear
more from TraceSecurity on why they are growing right here in Louisiana.

More good news came with the recent announcement that Louisiana now ranks
No. 9 in the nation in charter school laws. As reported by the Advocate
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c941%7c9390&digest
=99HbhgcDH3q4U%2fe1h86aEg> , the National Alliance for Public Charter
Schools ranked states based on criteria "such as quality and accountability,
funding equity, facilities, autonomy, and growth and choice." These new
laws allow Louisiana to compete for a competitive grant program called "Race
to the Top" that will further allow us to support long-term education reform
and provide a great education for all of our Louisiana children.

Louisiana knows firsthand the impact a natural disaster can have on cities,
communities, and families; and that's why I've made our state resources
available to assist in the response and recovery efforts taking place in
Haiti. Many state resources have been identified and I've asked the Office
of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness and our Louisiana National
Guard to stand ready to assist in any way that we can. Already, we have
offered 65,000 MREs and more than a million bottles of water being donated
by a private company.

In addition to our state's recovery assets, our hearts and prayers go out to
those in Haiti, across our state, and around the world whose lives have been
affected by this tragedy of epic proportions. I encourage those of you who
are looking to contribute to the Haiti response efforts to visit the
websites of the American Red Cross
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c942%7c9390&digest
=Pt7RSJtIeG0OOqXv5NgnUg> and the Salvation Army
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c943%7c9390&digest
=0x5bfkGi4%2fpFMgsIaTuW1Q> .

Sincerely,

Governor Bobby Jindal