[StBernard] Feds investigating some records involving St.BernardParish's Meraux Foundation

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 7 10:00:21 EST 2010

Jim,

I agree. I recall when hearing about the court giving Arlene the "Mrs.
Meraux" title that it was the biggest joke in the world. My Dad said that
old man Meraux was spinning in his grave, especially when you learned the
extent of what Joe Meraux went to, to make darn sure no one could
misinterpret his intention of not having anyone perceive her as his common
law wife. For God's sake, he never let her sleep a single night in the main
house. But hey, in the St. Bernard Courthouse, anything can be arranged,
right? Well that's pretty obvious from the events over the past year.