[StBernard] Weather Information

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 11 20:24:44 EST 2010

Entergy's Louisiana Utilities Prepare for Winter Weather

Companies stand ready to respond to any potential outages

New Orleans - Entergy Louisiana, LLC, Entergy Gulf States Louisiana, L.L.C.
and Entergy New Orleans, Inc. are closely monitoring the weather system that
is expected to impact much of Louisiana on Thursday and Friday and are
prepared to respond to any outages the winter storm may cause.

The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch for much of
north and central Louisiana from Thursday evening until Friday afternoon.
Snow is predicted for much of north Louisiana while rain and sleet could
turn into snow in south Louisiana on Friday morning.

Since weather events have the potential to cause power outages, Entergy's
Louisiana utilities are making sure that crews are prepared if the state
experiences severe weather.

"We are closely monitoring the weather and are preparing accordingly," said
Dennis Dawsey, vice president of Entergy's transmission and distribution
operations in Louisiana. "We have ramped up our preparations to make sure we
have the materials and manpower we need to get the lights back on as quickly
and as safely as possible, should outages occur."

The Entergy companies urge all customers with a power outage to report it by
calling 1-800 9OUTAGE (1-800-968-8243). Storm preparedness tips and much
more information is available at Entergy's Web site at entergy.com.

Online services are available to customers through "My Account Anywhere" and
"View Outages." My Account Anywhere lets customers send and receive text
information about power outages through their cell phones. Customers can
also receive alerts about outages at their homes and businesses. To use the
service, customers must register a cell phone number to their Entergy
account. Registration is simple. From any text-capable cell phone, send the
message "reg" (without quotes) to 368374. The system will respond and ask
for an Entergy account number and ZIP code. Anyone with Internet access can
go to entergy.com, click on "View Outages" and see where outages are
occurring down to the street level.

Customers should also follow these safety tips when dealing with the effects
of a winter storm:

* Live wires can be deadly. Stay away from downed power lines.

* Don't trim trees or remove debris on or near downed power lines.
Only power company crews or their contractors should remove trees or limbs
touching power lines.

* Keep away from metal fences and other objects that can become
energized if they come in contact with downed power lines.

* Keep away from the immediate areas where crews are working. Stay
away from heavy utility equipment. Beware of the possibility of construction
materials or limbs or overhead wires falling to the ground.

* If you plan on using a generator for temporary power, get a
licensed electrician to set up the connection and disconnect from the
utility electric system before hooking up to your home main electric panel.

* Do not run a generator in a confined space without adequate
ventilation.

Entergy's Louisiana utility companies serve more than one million customers
through the operating companies Entergy Louisiana, LLC and Entergy Gulf
States Louisiana, L.L.C. With operations in southern, central and
northeastern Louisiana, the companies are part of Entergy Corporation's
electric system serving 2.7 million customers in Louisiana, Arkansas,
Mississippi and Texas.

Entergy New Orleans, Inc. is an electric and gas utility serving Orleans
Parish and is a subsidiary of Entergy Corporation. The company provides
electricity to approximately 150,000 customers and natural gas to
approximately 96,000 customers in Orleans Parish.

-30-

entergy-louisiana.com <http://www.entergy-louisiana.com/>

entergy-neworleans.com <http://www.entergy-neworleans.com/>

Twitter: EntergyMediaLA <http://www.twitter/EntergyMediaLA>