[StBernard] eupdate 2 15 10

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 15 17:55:57 EST 2010

e-update
2.15.10

Like most folks around Louisiana, I was thrilled by the New Orleans Saints'
recent 31-17 victory over the Indianapolis Colts in the Super Bowl. It was
a huge win for our state and a special moment for all of Who Dat Nation as
we finally saw our team win on the football world's biggest stage.

As the Saints fought to represent Louisiana on the field, I have continued
fighting to represent Louisiana in Washington. I recently led a group of 52
Members of Congress in signing a letter to President Obama urging him to
consider my No Cost Stimulus Plan, and I co-sponsored a bipartisan bill to
crack down on child predators.

I also want to highlight nearly $1.1 million in recent grants awarded to
parishes in Southwest Louisiana to conduct much-needed bridge repair and
restoration work. You can read more below about this and all of my efforts
to fight for Louisiana's future and strengthen our economy.

David Vitter

P.S. - Please feel free to forward the newsletter to your friends, neighbors
and business associates, and encourage them to sign up for their own copy by
visiting my Web site at http://vitter.senate.gov/.

WHO DAT? NOBODY!
<http://vitter.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.PressRelease
s&ContentRecord_id=a9aeaded-b5f7-8c3f-0327-de8ee0e2879b&Region_id=&Issue_id=

Few of us around Louisiana will ever forget the excitement of watching the
Saints win their first-ever Super Bowl. I was thrilled to watch the game
with my family while wearing our black and gold and cheering on the Saints
from our living room, and I was truly honored to attend the victory parade
in New Orleans and offer my congratulations to Drew Brees and the entire
Saints organization. You can read my statement congratulating the Saints
here
<http://vitter.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.PressRelease
s&ContentRecord_id=af52d4d8-0bcd-7d3f-0311-7692dbd88cc5> .

URGING THE PRESIDENT TO ADOPT MY NO COST STIMULUS PLAN
<http://vitter.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.PressRelease
s&ContentRecord_id=a5c7bfc8-911e-9383-e487-9677914c8615&Region_id=&Issue_id=

I led a group of 52 members from the House and Senate in sending a letter to
President Obama calling on him to support my No Cost Stimulus plan, which
would throw off burdensome government regulations and unleash the natural
resources we have right here in America. This common-sense plan would
enable us to produce more of our energy here at home while growing our
economy and producing millions of new jobs. Click here
<http://vitter.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.PressRelease
s&ContentRecord_id=9ae58603-dfc1-f531-b0bd-727cf06574ac> to read the letter
and see the full list of Senators and Representatives who are supporting my
bill..

PROTECTING OUR CHILDREN FROM PREDATORS
<http://vitter.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.Articles&Con
tentRecord_id=aa3358f4-bc07-2119-528a-603e6f8b4470&Region_id=&Issue_id=>

As a father of four, I want to do everything I can to keep my children safe.
Unfortunately, the Internet has increased the opportunities for predators to
seek out children, so we must make sure that law enforcement agencies have
all the tools they need to crack down on those who would harm our kids. I
recently introduced the Arresting Child Predators Act with one of my
Democratic colleagues to help accomplish this goal. Our bill recognizes the
importance of the role that the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, the Bureau
of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and the U.S. Marshals Service play
in preventing child sexual exploitation, and it would allow those agencies
to request documents and testimony in order to catch child predators without
having to go through another agency first. You can read more about it here
<http://vitter.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.PressRelease
s&ContentRecord_id=c44d3f04-b77b-6a5c-fae0-94c7952e103a> .

GRANTS FOR CRITICAL BRIDGE RESTORATION
<http://vitter.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.Articles&Con
tentRecord_id=aa3358f4-bc07-2119-528a-603e6f8b4470&Region_id=&Issue_id=>

Through its Coastal Impact Assistance Program (CIAP), the Minerals
Management Service recently awarded some significant grants to Cameron and
Iberia Parishes for bridge repair and restoration work. Created under the
Energy Policy Act of 2005, which I helped pass, CIAP distributes a portion
of revenues from oil and gas leases in federal waters to help local and
state governments deal with the impacts of the natural resource activities
in their jurisdictions. You can read more about the grants for Cameron and
Iberia parishes here
<http://vitter.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.PressRelease
s&ContentRecord_id=c3ed586a-f6cb-a745-2f48-ce393af3b322> .