[StBernard] Landrieu pens Op/Eds on health care, job creation

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Mar 13 09:14:16 EST 2010

Dear Friends,

This week I've been busy tackling two of the biggest issues facing
our nation: unemployment and the health care crisis. Read on to learn more
about two Op/Eds I wrote this week, and about the important victory we
secured in our ongoing recovery efforts.

Health Care Op/Ed

Congress is on the verge of passing a historic health care bill that will
drive down health insurance costs for families and small businesses, and
expand affordable access to nearly one million Louisianians. To help
advance the bill, and to push back on misleading and disingenuous attacks on
the legislation, Senator Landrieu penned an Op/Ed
<http://landrieu.enews.senate.gov/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=clickthru&gpiv=21
00055384.5372.9&gen=1&mailing_linkid=7574> for the Shreveport Times.

<http://landrieu.enews.senate.gov/images/user_images/Shreveport-Times_thumb.
jpg> Said Sen. Landrieu, "For months, Louisianians have heard the
poll-tested one-liners, false claims and disingenuous rhetoric from
opponents of this effort. But with 180 Louisianians losing their health
insurance each day and thousands more unable to pay for higher and higher
premiums, it is time to dispense with the political rhetoric and put the
health and economic livelihood of our families first."

In her column, Sen. Landrieu also addresses the idea that the bill "weakens
Medicare," and that it will raise costs for families and state governments.
"The opposite is true," she says. To read the full Op/Ed, click here
<http://landrieu.enews.senate.gov/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=clickthru&gpiv=21
00055384.5372.9&gen=1&mailing_linkid=7574> .

Creating Jobs on Main Street

<http://landrieu.enews.senate.gov/images/user_images/Washington-Times_thumb.
png> As the Chair of the Senate Committee on Small Business and
Entrepreneurship, Sen. Landrieu is a leading voice for the interests of
small businesses in Louisiana and around the nation. This week, Sen.
Landrieu wrote an Op/Ed
<http://landrieu.enews.senate.gov/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=clickthru&gpiv=21
00055384.5372.9&gen=1&mailing_linkid=7575> for the Washington Times
offering four proposals for spurring job growth and strengthening the
economy through small businesses. Each of these proposals has already been
approved by the Small Business Committee with broad, bipartisan support.

Click here
<http://landrieu.enews.senate.gov/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=clickthru&gpiv=21
00055384.5372.9&gen=1&mailing_linkid=7575> to read about Sen. Landrieu's
package of bills, which she is pushing to be included in upcoming job
creation legislation.