[StBernard] LA Wins Big

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 16 21:19:56 EDT 2010

Dear Friends -

Louisiana continues to be recognized for our strong commitment to economic
development. Trade & Industry Development magazine recently announced their
"CiCi Awards" and our state won big. As the New Orleans Times-Picayune
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c095%7c9390&digest
=44JqEek67WYOGbBeyjXwUQ> reported, three of our economic projects were
selected among the top 15 in the country for Corporate Investment and a
fourth was selected among the top 15 for Community impact.

That's great news for our state and a testament to our efforts to get
through these challenging economic times by targeting business growth and
job creation for our people. We don't want our kids to have to leave our
state to pursue their dreams; we want them to excel right here at home
because Louisiana is the best place in the world for businesses to expand
and succeed.

On Friday, I joined area legislators and law enforcement officials in Monroe
to discuss legislation we will pursue in the upcoming session to crack down
on sexual predators and child pornography. As I told the Monroe News-Star
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c096%7c9390&digest
=IqIVywBFlG9tPt19k91%2bRQ> , I wish the world was more like when I growing
up when our parents could let us play outside until dark, but it's a
different world now and we must do more to protect our children.

Our new legislation to crack down on sex predators will allow prosecutors
more tools and stiffer penalties to aggressively pursue those who prey on
the most vulnerable among us. As we said in Monroe last week, the message
to sexual predators is clear: we will track you down, we will root you out,
we will find you online and when we do we will punish you with every tool we
have.

Last week I also awarded 410 veterans from Bienville Parish with the
Louisiana Veterans' Honor Medal in Ringgold. These veterans were willing to
put their lives on the line to protect our freedom and defend our way of
life, and it was with a deep sense of gratitude that we presented them with
these medals in honor of their service to our country.

Sincerely,

Governor Bobby Jindal