[StBernard] "Mulch" Ado About Saving the Cypress

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Mar 24 23:14:58 EDT 2010

March 24, 2010
"Mulch" Ado About Saving the Cypress

<http://links.namgclubs.net/ctt?kn=22&m=4388546&r=MTA5MjAyNTY2MwS2&b=0&j=MTU
0NTg1MjAxS0&mt=1&rt=0>

Cypress<http://namgnewsletter.com/DY/_eNews2010/email/images/DY_feature_0324
10large.jpg>
Time to get serious about this cypress-mulch matter.

Here's the matter: You're going to be going great guns with gardening soon,
and you know organic mulch is a good thing, right? Well, here's something
you may not have heard about cypress mulch: When you buy it, you're
supporting the clear-cutting of cypress forests in wetlands in Louisiana and
the rest of the Gulf Coast.

To help keep cypress from disappearing, the Save Our Cypress Coalition
<http://links.namgclubs.net/ctt?kn=24&m=4388546&r=MTA5MjAyNTY2MwS2&b=0&j=MTU
0NTg1MjAxS0&mt=1&rt=0> is urging everyone to say no to cypress mulch.

By choosing other types of organic mulch (such as composted manure, pine
needles or cedar chips), you can help save cypresses, which take nearly 100
years to mature. And you may also be saving lives because cypress trees
provide natural protection from hurricane winds and rising waters.

So we're asking: Please keep cypress trees in forests and out of bags. Learn
how you can help.
<http://links.namgclubs.net/ctt?kn=13&m=4388546&r=MTA5MjAyNTY2MwS2&b=0&j=MTU
0NTg1MjAxS0&mt=1&rt=0>