[StBernard] Dog park

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 26 09:31:01 EDT 2010

I wish they had considered something like this for the remodeled park in
Chalmette. Wouldn't have needed it to be as big as this but it would have
been great to have something like this where our "fur-babies" could have
played and socialized. --JY

Jer Responds:

Something like Obama's administration. They've played the American people
and socialized the constitution of the U.S of A. <smile>..

Other than that, a "squirrel park" would probably be more enjoyable.
Organizers can bequest the ghost of Buddy Diliberto to host the events
there.

I walked and ran that park every day for decades (both at original and later
location) and as the latter location was a block from me, it was so easy to
convince oneself to exercise. My kids played "forever ball games" there.

Yet, no one wanted it to go to da dogs, figuratively and meaningful. They
thought a model racetrack was in the interest. I've seen kids go from sports
to drugs there.

I've witnessed old people attempting to whip arthritis, diabetes and young
people and old people combat blubberitis.

Although Katrina put an abrupt end to my exercising there, somehow, when I
return there to walk around, da "ghosts of exercising past" has a presence
that's eerie to explain.

I suppose we can blame it on post-traumatic stress or perhaps it's just
ghosts of happiness past, present and future. Chilling.

--jer--