[StBernard] Dog park

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Mar 28 13:22:19 EDT 2010

My only thought was that while all that money was being spent on the
redevelopment of that park, why not set aside a portion as a dog park where
owners could go with their pets and let them have a good run and play in a
safe area.

>We should find a park which is not slated for redevelopment and

>see how the nuisances of a dog park may or may not work.

For the life of me I cannot see where there would be any "nuisances". But
with that type of sentiment I don't think I'd want to expose my dog to this
type of people. It might seriously affect the training she's had. Unlike
most kids I see, my dog listens to me and obeys.

JY

St Bernard Parish has more parks and parkways than we can currently
maintain. We should find a park which is not slated for
redevelopment and
see how the nuisances of a dog park may or may not work. It would be
a great
"community" project.

Borgnemouth Park off of Maureen Lane --- perhaps that is an
available site
...or will it be rebuilt for baseball ?

Borgnemouth Park seems to be a great location for a Dog Park, with
existing
roadway, parking and infrastructure so not to bring the nuisances of
a dog
park into neighborhoods or next door to established homesites

there maybe others around our community--- Val Reiss Park has many
adjoining
and surrounding Road Home properties, but may already have enough
seasonal
traffic patterns with various ball tournaments

just would not suggest reinventing someone's neighborhood for yet
another
park