[StBernard] Exposing the absurd comparison of National Health Insurance to Auto Insurance

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Mar 31 07:53:31 EDT 2010

Folks, let's once and for all expose and put a rest to the idiotic
comparison of requiring national health insurance on every citizen to that
of requiring auto insurance. It is an argument that is going from the
absurd to embarrassing to hear liberals and Democrats say that the two are
similar.

If you consider the size of the Earth and the Sun to be similar, then your
brain works in such a way where your conclusions will always be what you
desire them to be. But things like logic, common sense and fact live in the
real world - not someone's warped mind.

The basis on which the Democrats and Obama rest their recently passed health
care reform is that which requires or mandates a person's citizenship to
that of purchasing a product, in this case medical insurance. Now, let's
swing this basis over to automobile insurance. Is each person's citizenship
in the United States mandated by the purchase of car insurance? Oh, now we
see the difference.

In reality, by law, auto insurance is mandated for any person, citizen or
alien, who "owns a car." And even then a car owner only needs minimum
liability to insure "the other driver" - not even himself.

What is getting so embarrassing about the liberals and Democrats is everyday
I see some liberal Ph.D. get on television and persist on using this futile
argument. I ask myself, "is this really a grown, educated adult talking
like this?" I can only shake my head at such stupidity. It scares the hell
out of me that some these people might have kids and are they raising their
kids to believe such utter nonsense. Where has common sense gone? What we
really have is a political party and ideology that simply cannot admit when
they are wrong!

I sometimes wonder if these liberals getting on TV and persisting with that
comparitive argument truly believe it themselves, or do they believe they
must utter such nonsense in fear of criticism from liberal colleagues back
on campus, fearing the loss of their teaching job.

So if you're out in public and you hear someone use this ridiculous argument
that having to buy auto insurance is the same thing as being forced to buy
medical insurance, please, please go up to them and set them straight. From
their reaction you'll learn if you're dealing with an idiot or not.

John Scurich