[StBernard] Legislative Survey

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 1 07:51:21 EDT 2010

As you know, the legislature convened this past Monday. Below is a short
survey of the issues that you may complete and send back. I hope everyone
has a safe and blessed Easter.
Tim Burns
1. Do you support abolishing the office of Lieutenant Governor? ___Yes
___No

2. At this time, health care and education are two of the only areas in the
budget that can be cut do to constitutional protection of other programs. Do
you favor changing this so that other programs would share in the budget
cuts? ___Yes ___No

3. Do you support eliminating the Louisiana Citizens Property Insurance
Corp., the state's insurer of last resort? ___Yes ___No

4. Do you favor privatizing state-run developmental centers for the disabled
and transferring them to private institutions? ___Yes ___No

5. Do you believe an attempt should be made to eliminate duplication of
programs by our 4-year universities? ___Yes ___No

6. Do you support outsourcing certain state services in an attempt to reduce
state expenditures?

___Yes ___No

7. Do you support performance- based pay for teachers? ___Yes ___No

8. Which do you think is the better approach to improve student outcomes in
Louisiana's higher education institutions?

___a) Strengthening the Board of Regents;

___b) Merging the Board of Regents with state's four-year university system
( the Louisiana State University, University of Louisiana, and Southern
University systems); or

___c)None of the above