[StBernard] Is liberal government a "house of cards?"

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 7 22:39:33 EDT 2010

The City of Los Angeles has announced the city government will propose a 3
day work week because it's the only way the City can stay afloat
financially. Several reasons have been cited as the cause for the financial
crisis Los Angeles is experiencing: huge give-away programs to illegal
aliens in the form of social aid, an over-populated county prison system
where the majority of inmates are illegal aliens, and an over-burdened
pension program that city finance directors say the city can no longer
afford.

Is this starting to sound familiar? The entire State government of
California is having the very same problem. Many state governments are
experiencing out of control retirement/pension programs where state
financial experts are saying will comprise a huge chunk of their respective
state budget programs within the next 5 to 10 years - most will not be able
to be funded. This is primarily due to ridiculous "drop programs" that
allow an employee to draw huge retirements when working at a high salary
their last few years on the job compared to working at half or less than
half for all the decades prior.

As one L.A. financial administrator put it, "someone years ago had to know
back then that this "liberal" way of managing government was nothing more
than a "house of cards" and it all had to collapse one day, but I'm sure
they figured that wouldn't happen until long after they were dead."

Wow, what a comment! Why do think you hear conservative leaders in Congress
saying "one day we'll have to pay for all this mess Obama, Pelosi and Reid
have created with liberal spending and programs like healthcare reform?
It's because it's true. One day the bill will become due - and we'll
realize we don't have the money to pay it.

But here's a dumb idea - and I can just knock myself in the head for coming
up with something so stupid! ... how about we cut spending???? Let's start
by cutting welfare and other social programs in half - just for starters.
How 'bout we stop wasting money on phony "stimulus" programs? How 'bout we
stop wasting millions are useless "studies?"

How 'bout the liberal in America get rid of their adversity to work and
start being self-responsible by supporting themselves, instead of someone
else who works trying to support his family and the liberals who don't want
to work?

God help us if the liberal, social progressive-communists succeed any
further, otherwise the federal government will also come crashing down like
a house of cards - and those of who have a job will get stuck with the bill
to clean up all the mess.

- John Scurich