[StBernard] Are the Democrats truly committed to our best interest?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 8 07:58:43 EDT 2010

After seeing all that's transpired in Washington by the Democratic Party the
past couple of weeks, you have to wonder "are they truly committed to the
best interests of our country? It is a legitimate question especially when
you consider if they are "truly" committed to a single issue like improved
healthcare?

Then let's put the Democrats to the test, shall we.

The most sacred document in U.S. history is the Declaration of Independence.
At the Declaration's very end, it's last sentence, perhaps speaks loudest of
the commitment and faith our founders had in the new country they were
creating. The last sentence of the Declaration of Independence reads...

"...And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the
protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives,
our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Very admirable words our founder believed in, most of them losing both their
fortunes and their lives in the fight for freedom, liberty and independence
from a tyrannical monarch. Our founding fathers pledged their fortunes and
lives, proving their commitment.

Now, let's speed up the time clock to present day and the Democratic Party
members of Congress. They just passed what they labeled as "healthcare
reform." They call it a long, overdue example of what great, affordable
health insurance is supposed to be. So, surely if what they passed is such
"great" healthcare for all of us, then certainly they, the Democratic
members of Congress, would be proud to "commit" the quality of their
healthcare to the government option program...right?

Several Republican members of Congress tried to add an addendum to the
Obamacare bill requiring members of Congress to fall under the government
option insurance plan. Nancy Pelosi publicly spoke against it and used her
power as Speaker of the House to not even allow the amendment to be heard,
let alone voted on. The Democrats in Congress all were against it.

Pledging their fortunes? Their lives? Hell, Pelosi, Reid, Obama and the
rest of the Democrats can't even pledge their healthcare to what they claim
to believe in. Then how in hell can we trust them to pledge any kind of
commitment to the rest of the country?

Let this so very simple test serve as a loud wake up call to everyone who
reads this. Now we know how "committed" the Democrats truly are to the
betterment of our country. It appears the only thing they are committed to
is preserving their elitism in government over the rest of us. If Obama,
Pelosi and Reid were in control of the Continental Congress, we'd still be
under British rule to this day.

- John Scurich