[StBernard] Louisiana town officials in hot water for washing thefeet of employees

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Apr 9 21:24:25 EDT 2010

If I were Craig, below would be (or would have been) my response to the
ACLU. I promise it would stick in the side of the ACLU and there's not a
damned thing they could do about it.

- John Scurich

Once again, we have another perfect example of the ACLU quickly running off
at the mouth before thinking about it first. Ms. Esman in her comment
implied what I did was a "religious" act. If so, which religion? No one
during the event quoted or referenced Catholicism or Protestantism or Judism
or Islam.

The ACLU needs to be intelligent enough to pick its battles wisely because
this is one example when no judge in any court will side with them.
Besides, Ms. Esman must not have heard of Mohandes K. Gandhi. He regularly
performed the act of washing the feet of those around him to show it was he
who was the servant to others - and we all know Gandhi was of no particular
religion - although Ghandi did believe in a God.

Next year, when this act is performed again - and it will be, I invite Ms.
Esman to come and participate where I will be happy to wash her feet.