[StBernard] Meraux Charitable Foundation in St. Bernard isembroiled in controversy

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Apr 12 07:40:52 EDT 2010

What will be interesting is if the IRS gets involved.

When a "charitable trust" starts paying out almost as much in "salaries" as
what they have dispensed in grants, I think the IRS might be interested in
exactly how charitable it is.

Wonderful, wonderful news. I can recall back then a WWL-Channel 4
news
story calling this entire affair "the most bizarre case they have
ever
covered." Let's see, we have a judge heading to prison along with
Gutierrez
and this entire Meraux Foundation was created under suspicious
circumstances...hmmmm...I wonder if there could be a connection?

The article mentions how suddenly the U.S. Attorney's office has an
interest
in the Foundation's business....I wonder if the "canary prinicple"
came into
play here.