[StBernard] Please watch YouTube video today!

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 18 22:16:16 EDT 2010

Yet another program that gives the nation the impression that black people
comprised 99% of the New Orleans population. Visually the scenes are always
dark with insufficient lighting, even daytime scenes that are shot indoors.
It wasn't that bad during the day.

Even the lives of the characters are not that interesting. The only
character that comes even close to being entertaining is the WWOZ discjockey
played by actor Steve Zahn. I can't see this show capturing the interest of
the nation for very long. Most will likely think it's just another attempt
to keep New Orleans in the news for potentially more bailout money from
Congress. I'll be surprised if this goes to a second season and you can bet
on not getting a third. The viewership numbers won't be there. HBO has had
far better series than this, such as Deadwood, and a lack of viewership
couldn't sustain it.