[StBernard] Thankful for the First Amendment

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 28 09:14:53 EDT 2010

The Catholic Bishops have come out against the new Arizona law to crack down
on illegal immigration. It is actions like the Catholic Bishops that make
me glad we have a separation of church and state clause in the First
Amendment of the Consititution.

May God Bless the State of Arizona and their attempt to do whatever is
necessary to defend their security and the safety of their children. It's
so bold and impressive for people (idiots like Obama) in other states
thousands of miles away (D.C.) to think they even have a clue as to what the
people in Arizona are having to contend with when it comes to the illegals
in their state.

I can recall here, after Katrina, how angry locals got at people in other
states who argued whether or not we should receive so much federal
assistance. We screamed back "you're not down here, you don't know what
it's like. When you're not in the other person's shoes, it's easy not to
understand or to be so callous." Then we should give the people of Arizona
the benefit of the doubt they understand their problems better than we do
and so give our blessings to whatever course of action is needed.

John