[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish officials postpone Open House St. Bernard due to oil spill reponse efforts

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri May 14 08:18:13 EDT 2010

St. Bernard Parish officials postpone Open House St. Bernard due to oil
spill reponse efforts

The Open House St. Bernard event meant to showcase businesses and services
available in St. Bernard that was scheduled for Sunday, May 16 in Frederick
J. Sigur Civic Center Grand Ballroom has been postponed, due to the oil
spill.

St. Bernard Parish Councilman Mike Ginart, event chair, said he was
postponing the event because all of his focus is on addressing the oil spill
and its potential impacts on St. Bernard.

"We can't wait to reschedule it," Ginart said. "It is an important event to
showcase what our parish has to offer future and current residents and
businesses, but it must be done correctly. Now is the the time for me to
focus on working with parish, state and federal officials to take the needed
action to protect our coastline, marshes and fisheries."

For more information, call Lenor Duplessis or Karen Bazile in the
President's Office at 504-278-4227. They may be reached by email at
lduplessis at sbpg.net or kbazile at sbpg.net.

###