[StBernard] First Baptist Chalmette Hosts Community Crisis Prayer Service May 26 at 6:30 p.m.

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 26 22:56:19 EDT 2010

First Baptist Chalmette Hosts Community Crisis Prayer Service

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 6:30 p.m.

St. Bernard Parish President Craig Taffaro and A.G. Crowe, Senator, Senate
District 1 to speak

Seldom, in the history of our state and especially in the history of St.
Bernard parish have people been as troubled as they are today - troubled by
what they hear, troubled by what they see, troubled by what they feel, and
troubled by what they fear.

The fabric of our once vibrant St. Bernard community has been torn and it
appears it may be torn yet again. The hurt and harm of our immediate past,
marred by the lingering memory of hurricane Katrina, is still felt nearly
five years later. Our present is dominated by gloom as massive,
catastrophic oil pollution threatens our fisheries and our way of life. And
as another hurricane season quickly approaches our future is filled with
ambiguity.

At times the darkness is so deep and the news reports so filled with despair
that our wisest statesmen, our most learned educators, and our most astute
and accomplished scientists cannot give us a definite word of hope.

But there is hope -- because Jesus cares. He cares for our people and He
cares for our world too. And, His church has learned through her history
that God can use the most difficult, troubling life circumstances to change
our world for the better, and each of us. a little bit at a time.

A key component in reshaping trouble into triumph is prayer. Because this
is so, on Wednesday, May 26, 2010, at 6:30 p.m., First Baptist Church,
Chalmette, will coordinate a Community Crisis Prayer Service. We are
anticipating a time of worship, testimony, praise and prayer.

Our two primary speakers will be St. Bernard Parish President Craig Taffaro
and A.G. Crowe, Senator, Senate District 1. Several local church pastors
have been invited to speak faith testimonies concerning the power of prayer,
God's ministry to them in their hour of need, and how God answered their
prayer, with the intent of encouraging and inspiring people to faith.

First Baptist Church, Chalmette, is located at 305 E. St. Bernard Hwy, in
Chalmette. For additional information, telephone 504-277-2939.

The Local Pastor's Listed Below Will Led The Service

Pastor Henry Ballard - Christian Fellowship Church, Violet, LA

Pastor Rustin Threadaway - Living Covenant Love Church, Int., Poydras, LA

Pastor Jim Jeffries, The Refuge, St. Bernard community, LA

Pastor Derek Buckert - Tabernacle Assembly of God, Chalmette, LA

Pastor John Dee Jeffries - First Baptist Church, Chalmette, LA