[StBernard] Bill would identify ethics complainants

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat May 29 15:26:29 EDT 2010

The Chilling Effect on Residents. Even with public participation, citizens
know the chilling effect of making their name public. Too often, if
citizens place their name on a petition in opposition -- then they will
receive a visit from the property owners or councilman -- and that is
perceived, by most, as intimidating. Before you know it, the property
owners claim no one is in opposition; we visited every one of them and they
assured us there will be no problems with what we're trying to do.