[StBernard] Angel Food Ministries' Offers Relief to Fisherman in Louisiana

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 7 18:31:06 EDT 2010

Angel Food Ministries' Offers Relief to Fisherman in Louisiana

St. Bernard, Louisiana (MMD Newswire) June 7, 2010 -- Angel Food Ministries
(www.angelfoodministries.com), an organization dedicated to providing
affordable, high-quality food to those in need, is helping Louisiana
fisherman and their families affected by the oil spill.

The Gulf region is seeing one of the biggest environmental disasters ever,
with the BP oil leak pouring millions of gallons into the waters, polluting
the nearby land, destroying the wildlife, and harming the fishing and
seafood industries.

Angel Food Ministries is donating a filled tractor trailer of food to local
fishermen left unable to work due to the oil spill. Many are jobless; others
may be very soon, leaving them and their families without food. On top of a
bad economy, the oil spill has adding fuel to the financial fire. AFM will
be joining efforts with its partner, Celebration Church, in St. Bernard
Parish, Louisiana, to distribute the food with hope of helping make a
difference.

"The St Bernard's Pastors coalition is networking together to distribute the
food that Angel Food Ministries is generously providing. We recognize the
needs of the families here and we are working together to help them in any
way possible," said Pastor Craig Ratliff of Celebration Church.

"The full impact of this oil problem is hard to determine yet, but we do
know that people are going without right now. That we can help right away
and Angel Food Ministries will always help where we are able," Pastor Joe
Wingo, Angel Food CEO, said.

WHAT: Food will be distributed in St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana for hungry
fisherman
WHERE: House of Refuge Church, 1561 Hwy 46, St. Bernard, LA
WHEN: June 8th, 2010 at 12:00pm.

If you would like to help or find out more information please contact Pastor
Craig Ratliff at 504.248.0688 or Katrina Weber at 678.979.9513.

Anyone who wishes to make use of Angel Food's services can call
1-888-819-3745 or visit www.angelfoodministries.com to find the nearest host
site.

About Angel Food Ministries
Angel Food Ministries (www.angelfoodministries.com) is a non-profit,
non-denominational organization dedicated to providing financial support in
the form of food relief to communities throughout the United States.
Established in 1994 to provide relief for struggling families in the Monroe,
GA area, Angel Food Ministries today serves hundreds of thousands of
families across 45 states, recently welcoming Oregon to the roster where
Angel Food's benefits can be realized. Since inception, Angel Food
Ministries has fed more than 22 million Americans. In 2008, AFM provided
$120 million in direct food assistance to American families.