[StBernard] 3% tax on your cell phone bill to help the NY Times?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jun 12 07:55:41 EDT 2010

Apparently the FTC is considering this to help print journalism and papers
that are failing financially. And how about a 5% tax on your purchases of
computer equipment, ipads and Kindles?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/general_business/jun
e_2010/74_oppose_taxing_internet_news_sites_to_help_newspapers
tiny url: http://tinyurl.com/26q7rq6

Here's the full FTC "discussion" on it.
http://tinyurl.com/2fdzy6y

If you want to comment about it go here:

http://public.commentworks.com/ftc/newsmediaworkshop/

As far as I'm concerned if anything like this comes about I'll cancel my
verizon phone with text msgs, web access etc. and get the cheapest
pay-by-minute thing I can get.

JY