[StBernard] 2011 W2-Forms

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 28 08:01:33 EDT 2010

Maybe not so much.

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/05/health-care-law-and-w-2-forms/

If this doesn't make your blood boil..

Make your own judgments based on your values, the ONLY reason I'm
sending
this is to warn you to analyze your financial situation and adjust
your
withholding accordingly.

Should you want to verify this, go to http://www.thomas.gov/
<http://www.thomas.gov/> <http://www.thomas.gov/
<http://www.thomas.gov/> >
, enter "HR 3590" in the search box and look for "CRS Summaries."
This is
what you'll find.

Title IX Revenue Provisions-Subtitle A: Revenue Offset
"(Sec. 9002) Requires employers to include in the W-2 form of each
employee
the aggregate cost of applicable employer-sponsored group health
coverage
that is excludable from the employee's gross income (excluding the
value of
contributions to flexible spending arrangements)."

Starting in 2011-next year-the W-2 tax form sent by your employer
will be
increased to show the value of whatever health insurance you are
provided.
It doesn't matter if you're retired. Your gross income WILL go up
by the
amount of insurance your employer paid for. So you'll be required
to pay
taxes on a larger sum of money that you actually received. Take the
tax
form you just finished for 2009 and see what $15,000.00 or
$20,000.00
additional gross income does to your tax debt. That's what you'll
pay next
year. For many it puts you into a much higher bracket. This is how
the
government is going to buy insurance for fifteen (15) percent that
don't
have insurance and it's only part of the tax increases, but it's not
really
a "tax increase" as such, it is a redefinition of your taxable
income.

Also, go to Kiplinger's and read about the thirteen (13) tax changes
for
2010 that could affect you.

Why am I sending you this? The same reason I hope you forward this
to every
single person in your address book. People have the right to know
the truth
because an election is coming in November. So vote intelligently,
based on
your values. But also adjust your tax withholding, or increase your
savings, so that you aren't surprised and put in a jam when your
federal
income taxes are due on April 15, 2012.

Fight organized crime! Re-elect no one.