[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish president's salary to jump almost 40percent in 2012

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 29 08:18:03 EDT 2010

Perhaps someone else could clarify, but I think the Office of Parish
President requires the fulltime status of the office holder; they cannot
hold another job or position. Not to say they cannot continue their
investments or vested interests in LLCs, partnerships and businesses.

On the other hand, the Parish Council was designed to be parttime, unlike
Orleans and Jefferson which are designed to be fulltime positions. The St
Bernard Parish Council is not prohibited from their day or night jobs.
Heck, this council volunteers more of its time and continues to appoint
themselves to various commissions, committees and boards; but they chose to
appoint themselves instead of others.

SJK